- This event has passed.
Clothesline Art Sale
The Clothesline Art Sale is one of the most beloved and affordable art traditions in the Hamptons since its inception in 1946. For almost 74 years, it has provided accessible artwork to the community, while supporting the local artists who thrive here. Throughout our history, great artists such as Alfonso Ossorio, James Brooks, John Little, Jackson Pollock, Lee Krasner, and Elaine and Willem de Kooning have shared their talents to support Guild Hall in this unique annual fundraising effort.
In Person: 9am–4pm
The 2020 Clothesline Art Sale is here! Nearly 300 artists entered the sale this year and art lovers everywhere flock to Guild Hall looking for their next masterpiece. Works range in price from $75 to $5,000 with all proceeds split 50/50 between the artist and Guild Hall.
While our summer season looks much different this year, we continue to reimagine our programs and how we can bring them to the public safely. We are so excited to continue the tradition of Clothesline by holding the sale outdoors on the grounds of Guild Hall following all social-distancing protocols and government safety guidelines.
We are also utilizing a touchless online-only purchasing system that will allow for safe and easy check-out, while also allowing you to shop from the comfort of your home.
HOW TO BUY
If you are unable to join us in-person or would like to simply shop online, you can shop the entire sale at shop.guildhall.org from 9am to 11:59pm.
In order to pick-up artwork purchased online, you will need to set up an appointment with firstname.lastname@example.org from July 27 – 31, 11:30am to 5pm.
– Purchase via QR Codes:
– or simply directly visit shop.guildhall.org on your phone!
Whether you use QR codes or go directly to the site, you can choose the artwork you wish to purchase, enter your credit card information, and it’s yours! Please be prepared to show your receipt upon exiting the sale.
HOW TO VISIT:
– In the event of rain, the sale will be held on July 26 from 9am-4pm.
– Masks will be required for entry and social distancing will be enforced.
– Please make sure to bring a phone that has internet access or cellular data in order to purchase art.
– Please be prepared to show your receipt upon exiting the sale.
– This event will be held entirely outside. There will be no access to the building and there will be no access to bathrooms.
– Please DO NOT attend if you or any member of your party have:
– knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with
– anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or has symptoms of COVID-19
– have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
– or have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
We are so grateful for your continued support and are excited to bring this newly envisioned event to life with your help. Thank you!