On This Page
Membership Requirements: ARTISTS MUST BE CURRENT GUILD HALL MEMBERS, 18 years or older. You may become a member or renew your membership (if it has expired) at the time of registration. If you have any questions regarding your membership status, please contact the Membership Office at (631) 324-0806.
Become a Member
Become a Guild Hall member or renew your membership by visiting our membership page. Members at all levels except Educator are eligible for entry into the show. You can check your membership status by logging onto our donation website and then navigating to the membership page or by contacting our Membership Associate. If you do not have an account, you can create one and connect to your membership status within 1-2 business days.
Registration Fee: There is a $40.00 ENTRY FEE which is due when you register. This is in addition to your membership dues.
Registration: Registration must be completed by the designated postmark deadline OR by midnight on the designated online deadline. Registration forms mailed after this date cannot be guaranteed inclusion in the Artist Checklist. There are no exceptions to these deadlines.
How to Register
There are 3 ways to register:
- Register Online Now: Artwork labels will be sent via email within one week of registering. Submit by midnight on March 29.
- Download the Registration Card and Labels to Print at Home: Mail in your registration by March 19 (postmark date) or drop it off at Guild Hall by 5pm on March 29. Keep the labels to attach to your artwork.
- Request to Receive a Registration Packet via Mail: We will mail you a hard copy form. Mail it back to us by March 19 (postmark date) or drop it off at Guild Hall by 5pm on March 29. Keep the labels to attach to your artwork.
Media: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed-media (please list all materials used), graphics, drawing, photography, sculpture, and video. NO crafts or pottery due to space limitations.
Sculpture Requirements: Sculpture works MUST be accompanied by a WHITE base/pedestal.
Sculpture size limit is 30″H x 20″W x 20″D. This is not including the base.
Video Requirements: Artists must bring monitor that has an integrated DVD player. Must bring monitor hardware for hanging. Monitor must be no larger than 25″H x 25″W. Max video time of 15 minutes. Video must be looped. If there is sound, headphones must be provided.
Number of Works: Each artist may enter one work, completed within the last five years and not previously shown at Guild Hall.
Size: No larger than exactly 25″H by 25″W including frame MEASURE YOUR WORK INCLUDING THE FRAME!
- Size limitations are strictly enforced.
- Your work WILL BE measured at check-in.
- Under NO circumstances will oversized work be accepted.
- *Some frames are listed as 25” but are larger, so please measure carefully.
- Works must be wired and ready for hanging.
- No wet paintings or work requiring special installation or handling will be accepted.
- Wall-mounted Sculpture: No larger than 25″H x 25″W x 12″D
- Sculpture: No larger than 30″H x 20″W x 20″D, including light boxes.
- Sculptures MUST include an appropriate base which must be white.
- Video Monitor: No larger than exactly 25”H x 25”W
Guild Hall reserves the right to refuse any work that does not conform to these or other legitimate specifications. By registering you are agreeing to these terms.
Price and Commission: Guild Hall retains 50% commission on all sales.
You must indicate selling price of work or N.F.S. (Not For Sale) on the registration form. Please note 50% commission will be taken from the price indicated on your registration form. Price on request is not permitted. You will not be able to change the price after you submit.
Labels: Labels will be sent via e-mail within a week of completed registration if registering online. If you are receiving the registration forms by mail, the labels are included. Affix labels to your work before you deliver it to Guild Hall. Carefully attach one (to be removed) lightly to the front and one firmly to the back. Please be accurate.
Insurance: Guild Hall cannot insure work, or be responsible for loss or damage. Your signature upon delivery and again at pick-up releases Guild Hall from responsibility for losses. You may want to retain your own insurance.
Transport: All registered work must be brought in person to Guild Hall during the appropriate Drop-Off period. You may NOT substitute another piece for the registered work.
You must arrange to deliver your work to and pick your work up from Guild Hall. Guild Hall cannot accept works delivered by UPS, Federal Express, or the Post Office.
Drop Off: Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 between 10am and 4pm. Work will NOT be accepted before or after these dates.
Pick Up: Sunday, May 20 and Monday, May 21 between 10am and 4pm
Guild Hall is unable to store or hold any work for any time.
$20.00 will be charged for EACH day work is not picked up.
Awards: Prizes are selected by a guest judge and announced at the opening reception. The Top Honors winner will receive a solo exhibition in the Spiga Gallery at Guild Hall which will be given within a timely fashion according to the needs of the museum. We will telephone award winners immediately after the judging. Be sure to provide a current phone number and/or cell phone number on the registration form. Please note that previous years’ winners of “Top Honors” will not be eligible for this prize.